style.min.css: 8/2/18 2:27PM
friendlys-retail.min.js: 8/23/18 12:04PM
Happiness in Your Home · Friendly's Retail
Sign up for savings! Get free coupons like $1 off 2 cartons now!
Time: 70 minutes
Serving Size: 6-8
- 4 medium Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apples, cored and diced
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milled flaxseed
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Naturally Friendly’s® Vanilla Caramel ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180ºC).
- In a large bowl, combine apples, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Melt butter and honey in a sauce pan over low to medium heat. Stir to combine, turn off heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine old fashioned oats, salt and milled flaxseed. Then add the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Grease an 8-inch square or 9-inch round baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the apples into the pan, then evenly layer the oats mixture on top with a large spoon.
- Bake for 50–60 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm with 1 or 2 scoops of Naturally Friendly’s® Vanilla Caramel ice cream.
Rate this recipe:
The combination of vanilla ice cream and a caramel swirl makes this flavor almost too good to be true.